Monday, February 22, 2010

Couponing - Part Four

Back to the couponing basics!


Once you have your coupons clipped and organized you are pretty much ready to go. From this point you should start checking your local grocery and drug store ads. Or, check the internet for sites that match your ads for you. Southernsavers.com is my favorite for the drugstore ads and Publix. However, most of the local Birmingham stores are not covered on the internet. I will start covering some of those in the near future.

These ad match-ups tell you what items are on sale, what coupons to use and where to get those coupons.

Now, this isn't like your usual shopping. You are not going to be able to get your regular set of groceries on the cheap like this. You will have to learn stockpiling.

Stockpiling is when you purchase only what you can get on sale with coupons that week. You buy multiples of those items. Then the next week, buy multiples of what you find on sale, and so forth and so on.

Let me give you an example. This week Winn-Dixie has Lipton tea on sale for $1.29. I had four 50 cent off coupons for this product ( I buy four copies of the newspaper each week so that I will have multiple coupons). So the coupon doubles to $1 off and I have enough tea for almost two months for only 29 cents per box.

Whoops, battery is dying. More later! Ta-ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment